The Community Foundation of Will County is looking for a non-profit development/fundraising professional
Primary responsibilities are maintaining and developing relationships with existing donors and cultivating relationships with prospective donors with the goal of increasing investments. Represent the Community Foundation of Will County in all interactions with integrity, compassion and professionalism.
Scope of Work
- Represent the Community Foundation of Will County (CFWC) to Will County prospective donors, community leaders, civic organizations, non-profit organizations and local businesses.
- Actively participate in and attend events of influential civic, professional, business and community organizations.
- Maintain active relationships with donors, DAF managers and legacy bequests.
- Advise Foundation Board on and participate as appropriate in all fundraising activities including prospect research, donor cultivation, donor stewardship, annual giving, direct mail campaigns and special events.
- Plan fundraising approach, establish metrics and report to Board monthly on progress towards agreed goals.
- Work with CFWC Administrative Professional to ensure excellent relationships and communication with Board, donors and community.
- Minimum BS, BA or professional equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit donor development and/or fundraising
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Will County
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal initiative
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Have impeccable integrity
- Be a good listener
- Have the ability to motivate donors, volunteers and staff
- Be a hard worker
- Have concern for people including donors, staff and community
- Have high expectations for themselves and the organization
- Love the work
- Have high energy
- Have perseverance and believe in the mission of the CFWC
- Demonstrate professionalism and professional presence
- Independent Contractor (no benefits)
- Part-time to Full-time, hours negotiable
- Bonus/Incentives negotiable