DONORS – Why Choose the Community Foundation of Will County?
The Community Foundation administers charitable funds for individuals, corporations, area organizations and for special community projects. Many of these funds are “endowment funds” which are structured to serve their charitable purpose(s) in perpetuity. Other funds are “pass-thru funds” which are temporary charitable vehicles that close upon the fulfillment of their purposes. There are solid reasons why donors choose to entrust their charitable dollars with us.
Protection of Fund Assets and Investments
- The Community Foundation guarantees adherence to the original purposes of each of its funds. Donors have the assurance that grants from their fund will be distributed in a manner consistent with the fund’s original intent.
- The Foundation assumes the responsibility for the secure investment of all of its funds. Within the broadly-designated guidelines suggested by donors, the Foundation strives to maximize annual income or to build fund principal, in accordance with the fund purpose.
- We strive to offer a better investment return to each participating fund within the Foundation through: (1) the pooling of assets, (2) the diversification of investments, and (3) the reduction of costs to any one fund through shared expenses.
- The Foundation acknowledges all donations accepted for deposit in a fund in a timely manner. All stationery supplies and postage expenses are provided.
- An accounting of all receipts and expenditures within a fund is furnished as requested.
- A listing of all donors to each fund will be provided for recognition purposes.
- Distributions are made in accordance with the terms establishing each fund.
- Financial statements are sent to individuals and organizations maintaining funds.
- All government forms and audits are completed by the Foundation for each fund.
- The Foundation remains current on changes in the tax laws and other legislation that affect charitable giving.
- The Foundation works to attract additional support for all of its funds through its publications and press releases.
- The Foundation office fields telephone calls and written requests for information on behalf of each individual fund.